CCSM Collaborative Performance - Virtual Orchestra
O Waly, Waly (The Water is Wide) – British Folk Song
- Submission deadline has passed for this production -
CCSM is excited to announce the upcoming Collaborative Performance featuring all of YOU! Every participating musician will be featured among other members of the community in this virtual-orchestra video.
O Waly, Waly is a beloved folk tune from Great Britain (Scottish origin) dating back to the 1600s. Learn more about the song here.
NOTE: We cannot accept videos of performances without the musician using the click track in ears. See below.
How do I participate?
Step 1: Print your music or view it on a device (click button above or click on an instrument below).
Piano (Advanced) Piano (Intermediate) Piano (Beginning) Piano (Beginning, Simplified)
Flute Recorder Oboe Clarinet Bass Clarinet Alto Saxophone Tenor Saxophone
Violin I (Advanced) Violin II Viola Cello Bass
Voice Guitar (Chords) Guitar (Melody) Bagpipes Handbells
Trumpet Trombone Harp (Advanced) Harp (Melody)
Snare Drum Suspended Cymbal Vibraphone Piano Accompaniment (RESERVED)
Step 2: Practice your part with the click track MP3 file (found by clicking on an instrument above). Run through the part and keep in-time with the audio click. Note: The metronome will give 4 clicks "free".
Note: If uncomfortable playing some sections of the part, please record sections you feel comfortable to play.
Step 3: You are ready to record your part! Click here to view setup diagrams.
- Find a quiet space or room with sufficient lighting.
- Set up a device that can stand upright, in landscape mode, facing you to record (video and audio). Please stand between 3-5 feet away from the recording device for better sound quality!
- (For strings, brass & woodwinds) Be sure to tune. An app called Pitch is available for tuning assistance on the App Store as well as Google Play.
- Make sure the device’s camera can see you, your head, your hands, and your instrument (if applicable).
- Put on headphones or earphones so you can hear the audio track as you play. That way, the eventual audience will only hear you and not the pre-recording.
- Ready, set, record!
LAST DAY TO SUBMIT VIDEOS: JULY 4
- If I play multiple instruments at CCSM, can I submit multiple recordings? Yes!
Music and arrangement questions? Contact email@example.com.
CCSM will present your collaborative performance through live streams on YouTube and Facebook Live on an upcoming date, so stay tuned!