Distance Learning: How-To Guide
Here at CCSM, we are fortunate to have three excellent options for teachers and students to use at this time for private and group lessons. Click the options below to learn how to set up an account for one of the following, and please check in with your teacher to ensure that both student and teacher have agreed to using the same video chat application.
Many group classes are continuing virtually as well! Please contact your instructor or the CCSM office for details.
Click here to watch how to improve your audio on mobile/tablet devices.
Percussionists: Learn how to set up your percussion studio for online lessons!
What you’ll need:
- A modern computer
- An Internet connection: Either a direct connection via an ethernet cable or a wireless connection via Wi-Fi (be sure to type your network name and password on your device to successfully connect to Wi-Fi)
- A web-camera and microphone – built-in or attachable.
- A reliable Internet connection: You can check your connection by clicking here and selecting “Begin Test.” If download speeds are above 5.0 Mbps, and upload speeds are above 5.0 Mbps, you are good to go!
- Smartphones and tablets will also work depending on the make and model but will have limitations.
- If at all possible, use headphones instead of speakers
No technical expertise necessary – our supportive staff can walk you through your equipment set-up and test your technology with you! Please contact us if you need more assistance or information.