Online Summer Recitals
We are excited for you to join us for our Online Summer Recitals!
When? Saturday, August 22nd and Sunday, August 23rd. Times TBD - please check back!
Online! Streamed on YouTube Live
Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel ahead of time to get notifications when we go live!
Information for Participants
Please review the information below for instructions and guidelines for recording your video, submitting your final recording, and information regarding when to expect your video to be broadcasted live. All videos need to be submitted by midnight on Saturday, August 8th. Please scroll down to submit a video.
Getting Set Up to Record
- Find a quiet space or room with sufficient lighting.
- Set up a device that can stand upright, in landscape mode, facing you, to record a run-through of your piece (video and audio). We recommend recording using the same device that you use for your online lessons (iPad/tablet, computer, iPhone etc).
- Set up your recording device about 3-5 feet away from where you will be standing/sitting, for better sound quality. Note: If you notice that the sound quality of your recording becomes distorted or "crunchy" when the student plays more loudly, the device may be set up too close to the student. In that case, try moving the device further from the student and recording again. Students playing on a grand piano should also consider lowering/closing the lid of their piano.
- Make sure the device’s camera can see you, your head, your hands, and your instrument (if applicable).
- Get dressed up for the occasion! Students should wear something similar to what they would for an in-person performance.
Click here to view setup diagrams
Recording Your Video (in order)
- Press “record” on your device.
- Please announce:
- Your name
- The name of your private lesson instructor
- The piece that you will be playing
- Play through your piece from beginning to end.
- When you have finished playing, please stand up and take a bow!
- Press “Stop Record” on your device.
- Listen to (and watch) your recording. Check that you can hear yourself speaking as well as playing. If you need or would like to re-record, feel free! It might take a few run-throughs to get the recording you are most happy with.
- Make sure to save your recording somewhere on your device that you will be able to locate later.
If a family member is available, please assist the student by pressing the device’s “start” and “stop” buttons to begin and end their recording.
Submitting Your Video
*Deadline to Submit Final Recordings: Saturday, August 8th, at midnight*
Once your name and repertoire information has been confirmed by a CCSM faculty member, you will be sent an email inviting you to submit your recorded video. If you have received the email already, please follow the instructions below.
- Click the button below. You will be taken to a web page (via Dropbox.com) that says “Online Summer Recital”.
- Click the blue “+” button. You will be prompted to choose your recorded video file. Please note that you will need to have access to your recording from the device on which you open the link.
- Once you have selected your desired video file, you will be asked to enter a name and email address.
Please enter the STUDENT'S first and last name in the space provided, and the email address through which you received the submission link from CCSM. (Faculty performers should enter their information similarly.)
- Click the blue “Upload” button. Please note that it may take a few minutes for your file to finish uploading. Generally speaking, the faster your internet connection, the faster the file will upload.
- Once your file has finished uploading, you will be taken to a web page that says “Thanks! You’re all done”. You will also receive a confirmation email from Dropbox that your files were uploaded successfully.
Recital times are in the process of being determined. Depending on the number of students who express interest in participating, we will divide the student recordings into multiple recital-length programs. During the week leading up to the recital, information regarding the time of each student’s livestream will be made accessible. An hourly recital program will also be posted on our website here. Please check back for updates!
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (909) 624-3012 ext. 101