CCSM Online Spring Recital
We are excited for you to join us for CCSM’s first-ever Online Student Recital PERFORMATHON!
When? TWO DAYS! Saturday-May 16th and Sunday-May 17th, beginning at 12pm. A new recital program will be broadcasted every hour, on the hour, from 12pm onward!
Online! Streamed on both Facebook Live and YouTube
Make sure to “like” us on Facebook or subscribe to our YouTube channel ahead of time to get notifications when we go live!
Information for Participants
Please review the information below for instructions and guidelines for recording your video, submitting your final recording, and information regarding when to expect your video to be broadcasted live. All videos need to be submitted by midnight on Saturday, May 9th.
Getting Set Up to Record
- Find a quiet space or room with sufficient lighting.
- Set up a device that can stand upright, in landscape mode, facing you, to record a run-through of your piece (video and audio). We recommend recording using the same device that you use for your online lessons (iPad/tablet, computer, iPhone etc).
- Set up your recording device about 3-5 feet away from where you will be standing/sitting, for better sound quality. Note: If you notice that the sound quality of your recording becomes distorted or "crunchy" when the student plays more loudly, the device may be set up too close to the student
. In that case, try moving the device further from the student and recording again. Students playing on a grand piano should also consider lowering/closing the lid of their piano.
- Make sure the device’s camera can see you, your head, your hands, and your instrument (if applicable).
- Get dressed up for the occasion! Students should wear something similar to what they would for an in-person performance.
Click here to view setup diagrams
Recording Your Video (in order)
- Press “record” on your device.
- Please announce:
- Your name
- The name of your private lesson instructor
- The piece that you will be playing
- Play through your piece from beginning to end.
- When you have finished playing, please stand up and take a bow!
- Press “Stop Record” on your device.
- Listen to (and watch) your recording. Check that you can hear yourself speaking as well as playing. If you need or would like to re-record, feel free! It might take a few run-throughs to get the recording you are most happy with.
- Make sure to save your recording somewhere on your device that you will be able to locate later.
If a family member is available, please consider assisting the student by simply pressing the device’s “start” and “stop” buttons to begin and end their recording.
Submitting Your Video
*Deadline to Submit Final Recordings: Saturday, May 9th, at midnight
Once your name and repertoire information has been confirmed by a CCSM faculty member, you will be sent an email inviting you to submit your recorded video. If you have received the email already, please follow the instructions below.
- Click the link below. You will be taken to a web page (via Dropbox.com) that says “CCSM Online Spring Recital”.
- Click the blue “Choose files” button. You will be prompted to select your saved video file. Please note that you will need to have access to your recording from the device on which you open the link.
- Once you have selected your desired file, you will be asked to enter a first and last name and email address.
Please enter the STUDENT NAME in the space provided, and the email address through which you received the submission link from CCSM. (Faculty performers should enter their information similarly.)
- Click the blue “Upload” button. Please note that it may take a few minutes for your file to finish uploading. Generally speaking, the faster your internet connection, the faster the file will upload.
- Once your file has finished uploading, you will be taken to a web page that says “Thanks! You’re all done”. You will also receive a confirmation email from Dropbox that your files were uploaded successfully.
Recital Program Times
We are currently in the process of determining a set program order. Depending on the number of students who express interest in participating, we will divide the student recordings into multiple recital-length programs. A new recital program will begin every hour, on the hour, starting at 12pm, May 16th.
During the week leading up to the recital, information regarding the time of each student’s livestream will be made accessible. An hourly recital program will be posted on our website here. Please check back!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 624-3012 ext. 101